Nespresso machines are portable espresso machines that can create a wide range of coffee beverages. They are configurable and may remember your preferred settings, making them unique to your preferences. Calibration of the cup sizes is essential if you possess a Nespresso and are new to the machine. Fortunately, these espresso-pod brewers are simple to use and may produce a considerably more flavorful coffee experience than traditional coffee makers. Here’s how you can change the settings to your liking:
Nespresso Cup Sizes at a Glance:
Nespresso machines are popular espresso makers in the coffee pod market, and most of their machines function similarly in terms of cup sizes. The most basic model (Pixie) comes with two cup sizes: espresso (40mL) and lungo (60mL) (110mL). If you prefer stronger or weaker espresso, the higher-end models include more cup sizes, as well as possible barista settings for making lattes and macchiatos.
Which Cup Should I Buy For My Coffee? The kind of cup you use to drink your coffee plays a huge role in the coffee experience – see how!
Calibrating your Nespresso Machine
One of the best features of the Nespresso machines is the ability to customise the cup sizes, and the machine will memorise the exact amount of water to use to brew your espresso through calibration. Calibrating is straightforward on each machine and allows for total cup size customization:
How to Calibrate your Nespresso Cup Size:
- Press and hold either the espresso or Lungo cup size.
- Keep pressing until you have your desired amount of espresso. Your machine is now calibrated to the specific amount you prefer.
Calibrating & Resetting Your Nespresso Machines by Model
Calibrating your Nespresso machine works with each model, but there are a few additional steps for some of the models. Find your Nespresso Model to get started!
1. Nespresso Pixie
Despite its small size and lack of essential Nespresso machine functions, the Pixie is simple to tune and reset to factory settings. This is an excellent model for individuals searching for a basic Nespresso machine without the extras. The following steps will show you how to calibrate and reset the Nespresso Pixie:
Calibrating the Nespresso Pixie:
- Turn on the Nespresso Pixie and fill the filtered water tank in the back.
- Place a Nespresso pod in the pod compartment once the lights have stopped blinking.
- Select the desired cup size and press the button.
- Once you’ve achieved your chosen quantity, release the button. Until you reset it, your Pixie will remember this exact amount.
Resetting the Nespresso Pixie:
- Turn off your Nespresso Pixie machine.
- Hold down the Lungo button and turn it back on while still holding it down.
- The factory settings of your Nespresso Pixie have not been restored.
2. Nespresso CitiZ
The Nespresso CitiZ has the same calibration setup as the Pixie, but it resets the memory to factory settings in a slightly different way. The CitiZ features a beautiful appearance and two cup sizes, espresso and lungo. Here’s how to save your personalised cup size:
Calibrating the Nespresso Citiz:
- Fill the water tank in your Nespresso Citiz.
- Place a capsule in the capsule compartment once the blinking lights stop.
- Choose your cup size and press the button until you get the desired amount of espresso, then release the button. Until you reset your Citiz, it will remember this exact amount.
Resetting the Nespresso Citiz:
- Turn off the Nespresso Citiz machine.
- Hold down the Lungo button while while turning it back on.
- Remove the button. Your Nespresso Citiz has been reset to its factory settings.
3. Nespresso Essenza
The Nespresso Essenza includes four cup sizes that can be customised to your liking, as well as hot water for tea. It’s a more versatile model than the Citiz and Pixie, but it lacks the milk steaming capabilities of the Latissima and Latissima Plus. Follow these steps to calibrate the Nespresso Essenza:
How to Calibrate the Nespresso Essenza:
- Hit the power button and fill the water reservoir.
- Wait for the lights to stop flashing and place a coffee capsule in the capsule port.
- Select your desired cup size and hold down the button.
- Once you’ve reached the amount you want, release the button. The Essenza will pour this exact amount until you change or reset it.
How to Reset the Nespresso Essenza:
- Power down the Nespresso Essenza
- Press and hold the lungo button and switch on the machine again.
- Your Nespresso Essenza is back to the original settings and can be customized again.
4. Nespresso Latissima/Latissima Plus
The Nespresso Latissima and Latissima Plus are the company’s ‘barista-at-home’ versions, featuring three cup sizes (Espresso, Lungo, Ristretto) and the ability to prepare cappuccinos, macchiatos, and steamed milk. You can personalise the cup sizes and milk buttons to create a completely personalised latte or other coffee shop drinks. The Latissima and Latissima Plus can be calibrated as follows:
How to Calibrate the Latissima/Latissima Plus:
- Hit the power button and make sure the water reservoir and milk container are both full.
- Wait for the lights to stop flashing, which is about 25 seconds.
- Insert a capsule in the capsule compartment.
- Press your desired cup size and hold it down, releasing at the amount you want. Your Latissima/Plus will brew this exact amount unless reset.
- Choose the milk option that you want and hold down the button, releasing when you’ve reached the amount of milk desired. The button will flash three times to indicate it has been calibrated.
How to Reset the Nespresso Latissima/Latissima Plus:
- Press and hold the power button for five seconds while the machine is switched on.
- Wait until the lights blink three times and release the button.
- Your Latissima and Latissima Plus are now restored to factory settings.
Nespresso cup sizes are relatively easy to use and adjust, even though the machines seem intimidating at first. The sizes are fully adjustable, and your Nespresso maker will remember the setting, making it a great espresso maker for your home. If you have a Nespresso maker and the following doesn’t work, we recommend reading the manual to calibrate and reset it to the model’s specific method.
☕ Here are some popular items for the home of coffee lovers. Click the images to see the current Prices On Amazon 🍵